FFXIV 2.2 Bard (BRD) Best in slot (BiS) Gear Guide
Ah, the mindless facerolling continues in 2.2, huh? Let our Bard BiS gear guide make PEWPEWing easier (if it was even possible!)
511 is the max attainable Crit Rate WHILE using the highest ilevel gear. When using Rosenbogen, this number increases to 544.
No T9 Drop
Notable Fillers (NOT A SET)
|Weapon||High Allagan Bow||Rosenbogen|
|Head||High Allagan Mask of Aiming||High Allagan Mask of Aiming||> Allagan Visor of Aiming|
|Body||Auroral Tabard||Auroral Tabard||== High Allagan Coat of Aiming|
|Hand||High Allagan Gloves of Aiming||High Allagan Gloves of Aiming||> Saurian Gloves of Aiming|
|Waist||Auroral Sash||Auroral Sash||-|
|Legs||High Allagan Breeches of Aiming||High Allagan Breeches of Aiming||> Any i90 (Myth, T5 or Crafted)|
|Boots||Auroral Boots||Auroral Boots||-|
|Neck||High Allagan Choker of Aiming||High Allagan Choker of Aiming||> Ribbon of Aiming|
|Ears||Auroral Earrings||Auroral Earrings||-|
|Wrist||High Allagan Bracelets of Aiming||Auroral Wristlets **||-|
|Ring||Auroral Ring||Auroral Ring||-|
|Ring||High Allagan Ring of Aiming||High Allagan Ring of Aiming||> Weathered Auroral Ring|
|Food||Apkallu Omelette||Lava Toad Legs|
Set 1 is simple. It’s the best possible Bard set, the only refinements being your preference of DET/SS, but even so that is extremely marginal.
Set 2 is designed as your first goal. It shares all auroral pieces with the first set, and the only extra soldiery purchase you need is Auroral Wristlets.
Bad luck with drops? Need filler gear? Check out the third table above, and the Gear Notes.
“Does is have crit herp derp”… If you’ve asked yourself “What do BRD’s purchase first with my tomes of Sol?” – Here’s the answer!
- Rosenbogen *only if you’re neat UAT.
- Auroral Tabard (the HA is in T9)
- Auroral Earring is a great piece all around.
- Auroral Ring it’s one of two i110′s!
- Auroral Sash (Only marginally better than HA)
- Auroral Boots (Only marginally better than HA)
- Auroral Wristlets is technically optional but great to have.
After the above the rest is OPTIONAL.
- Auroral Bracers = VERY SUITABLE Substitute for bis.
- Auroral Coif = same as above.
- Auroral Choker is meh. use ribbon!!!!
- Auroral Brais, not just trash, but the definition of it.
Bards are quite easy to gear up this time around. Basically your fist goal is to fill up the “No T9 drop” set first. the only piece that will ever be wasted is the AURORAL WRIST.
Basically the only difference between set 1 and 2 is :
- -High Allagan Bow, +Rosenbogen.
- -High Allagan Bracelet of Aiming, +Auroral Wristband.
- -Apkallu Omelette, +Lava Toad Legs.
Bad luck with Coil drops?
- i90 Myth Head as a sub to High Allagan Head.
- Saurian Gloves of aiming (See melding below)
- Legs? Any i90 (T5, Myth, or Cashmere) are viable.
- Neck? Ribbon of aiming is legit. Dont waste sol on Auroral Choker.
- Wrist? Buying Auroral wristlet is part of the Rosenbogen BiS!
- Ring? Use Weathered/Unweathered OR…
- …any i90 ring in the meantime
Further note on legs: The T5 legs give huge accuracy and decent crit. It’s a great filler piece to have.
2.2 BRD Crafted Gear Viability
I only placed Crafted Gear as Alternatives to High Allagan (if you’re getting nyerked by RNG coil drops). I find it useless to substitute any Auroral piece with crafted since its only a matter of time until you get them.
Saurian Gloves of Aiming – Cost effective melding:
Heavens Eye IV, Heavens Eye IV, Savage Aim III, Heavens Eye II
The rest aren’t really that good IMO. There are numerous suitable replacements without having to waste a ton of gil.
Good luck gearing your Bard! This page be updated as more gear will be introduced into the game. Want to add something? Violent Reactions? Comment Below! For updates, Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter – also check us out on YouTube and Twitch.