FFXIV ARR Ifrit Hard Mode
While your victory over the Ultima Weapon has set off waves of celebration across the land, the jubilation is short-lived, for the beast tribes are seeking to summon their gods once more. Confirmation has arrived that the Amalj’aa have already suceeded in calling forth Ifrit, who is returned far mightier than his last incarnation owing to the vast amounts of crystals he has gorged upon. Prepare yourself for a schorching encounter.
Ifrit hard mode is the first hard-mode boss you will encounter, as the entry level eight-man encounter. His fight has three phases, and a transition in between.
Interrupting Eruption is the key to winning this fight, from Phase 1 to end. Ifrit has 2 interruptible skills, Eruption and Radiant Plume. Interrupting Eruption is much more worth it. Why? It’s “harder” to dodge and predict Eruption, as compared to Radiant Plume. And in his final phase, Eruption pretty much covers 80% of the map.
Ifrit Hard Mode Phase 1
Phase 1 of Ifrit is just like Ifrit normal mode. He has the same abilities, but obviously much much stronger.
- Incinerate – The usual frontal cone attack, but it hurts like hell to non-tank classes. Face away from your party.
- Vulcan Blast – Massive PBAoE pushback. Healers, stay at maximum range to the tank to prevent getting hit by this. An untimely vulcan blast can mean getting into a bad situation.
- Eruption – The same random AoE attack which blows up after a certain time.
- Radiant Plume – A non-random AoE attack which blows up after a certain time. Either on the outer ring, or inner part.
- Crimson Cyclone – Ifrit disappears and randomly reappears in one end of the ring. After a short period he will dash forward all the way to the other end, dealing damage too all in his path. Increases to two “clones” after a while.
Infernal Nail shows up again. This time, there are FOUR that spawn. Failing to kill these will result in an instant KO by Hellfire.
Using a Summoner or Black Mage Limit Break is highly advised here, and makes this transition much easier.
Ifrit Hard Mode Phase 2
- Eruption – Increases the number of AoE’s as time progresses. Again, you must interrupt these as they are deadly and can result in situations where a player can’t escape.
- Radiant Plume – Radiant plume gains a third pattern. The only reliable safe zones are directly behind him, and in front of Ifrit. Ranged players, don’t stay too far from Ifrit at this point. You wont make it behind him in time.
- Crimson Cyclone – maxes out at 3 clones, and will usually kill anyone hit by 2.
Hard mode Ifrit Loot List
Ifrit drops Item Level 60 Weapons for all Classes.
Paladin – Ifrit’s Blade. Marauder – Ifrit’s Battleaxe
White Mage – Ifrit’s Cane. Scholar – Ifrit’s Codex.
Monk – Ifrit’s Claws. Dragoon – Ifrit’s Harpoon.
Black Mage – Ifrit’s Cudgel. Summoner – Ifrit’s Grimoire.
Bard – Ifrit’s Bow.
Summary & Tips
He has all the same skills, only gaining Crimson Cyclone. 3 Clones max. Staying in between 2 of the clones is actually a safe zone.
Again, interrupting Eruption is the key to winning this fight. Make sure you have one or two guys (preferably Paladin) to interrupt it. However, make sure it’s a coordinated effort because doing stuns unnecessarily will result in him RESISTING the stun. DPS and Healers, have faith in the cancelling of Eruption. If you’re running with a good group, don’t move out of it. More movement = longer fight. But to be safe you can make a run for it each time Eruption lands at your feet.
Ranged / Healers – Do not stay too close to edge of the ring. An outer Radiant Plume will likely tag you, even if you run ASAP. Stay a good 25% away from the edge, as you can minimize movement to dodge either a inner or outer Radiant Plume.