So you want to follow in the footsteps of Edward and Alphonse, ey? Well, you found the right place to take the first step! If you’re new to crafting, you might want to check out Crafting General Guide / FAQ first, and our Crafting General Leveling Guide.
Where is the Alchemist’s Guild? The Alchemist’s Guild is located in Ul’dah and is headed by Severian, who is pictured above.
[City & Guild Locations]
What do Alchemists craft? (End Game)
- Battlecraft Gear
- Conjurer / White Mage arms.
- Arcanist / Scholar / Summoner arms
- Fieldcraft Gear
- Alchemists do not seem to make any fieldcraft gear at the moment.
- Potions, Ethers, Status curing consumables, etc…
- Components used by other crafting classes
- Glues, Oils, Rubbers, Inks, Growth Formulas and others.
What classes should be Alchemists?
Arcanists (Summoner / Scholar) and Conjurers (White Mages) would benefit most from Alchemy. For everyone else, Consumables are pretty important and can be used by everyone. Alchemists also make a lot of crafting components for other crafting classes. Again, every crafting class benefits / relies on other crafting classes for components, so it’s never truly useless to train Alchemy (or all crafting classes)
Every Crafting (Disciple of Hand) class shares a pool of skills, with four skills unique to each class. Below are the Alchemist only skills.
|Tricks Of the Trade||15||Free||Restores 20 CP. Can only be used if material condition is Good.|
|Brand Of Water||37||15 CP||Increases progress. Progress doubles when recipe affinity is Water.
Success Rate: 90%
|Comfort Zone||50||66 CP||Restores 8 CP after each step for the next 10 steps.|
|Name Of Water||54||15 CP||For the next five steps, Brand of Water efficiency is increased. Increase determined by the current progress.
Only one Name of the Element action can be used per synthesis.
Alchemist Skill Discussion
Tricks of the Trade: A decent cross-class skill when you’re CP starved, or setting a combo up. While this is a far-cry from its beta counterpart, it’s never bad to have.
Brand of Water: Like any ‘brand’ skill, this is almost always better than any generic synthesis skill. As a cross-class skill, this of course depends on the element of the item you’re crafting. Use it if the item you’re crafting is water element. (Determined by shard used?)
Comfort Zone: CP is quite valuable, and I cannot see any crafting scenario where you wouldn’t want to pre-cast this. While the net CP gain isn’t stellar, this can be a great help for those long haul crafting attempts.
Overall, Alchemy has some of the most useful skills in comparison to other classes. Brands are always good to have. Tricks of the trade and Comfort Zone are, in my opinion, useful in any crafting attempt. Leveling up Alchemy just to get them is pretty worth it.
We suggest starting crafting by leveling all crafting classes to 15 at once.
Where are the Alchemist Levequests?
- Level 1-45 Levequests: Ul’dah Adventurers Guild.
- Level 1-10: Scorpions Crossing
- Level 15: Horizon
- Level 20 – 25: Quarrymill.
- Level 30: Costa Del Sol
- Level 35: Coerthas, Observatorium.
- Level 40: Coerthas, Whitebrim.
- Level 45: Mor Dhona, St. Coinachs Find.
- Level 50 – 60: Ishgard
The items required, and more details on this and the crafting log can be found in the Alchemist Leveling Guide.
- A very ‘general’ crafting class that can be used by anyone.
- Alchemy is most beneficial for Arcanists, Conjurers and their advanced jobs.
- Alchemists have access to some of the best crafting skills, and is worth leveling up just for that.
Please subscribe if you don’t want to miss out on any of our crafting guides!