Go to our Stormblood updated
Tank Role Actions Guide
What are the Gladiator -> Paladin Cross Class Skills? Here, we will be strictly discussing the cross-class skills Paladin can get.
How many cross-class skills can I get as a Paladin? Any job class may only equip five (5) cross-class skills.
From what other classes does Paladin get skills from? Marauder and Conjurer.
What are the best Paladin cross-class skills? This is discussed below.
Full list of Paladin (PLD) Cross-class skills
|Cure||2||Restores target's HP||Conjurer (CNJ)|
|Foresight||2||Increases defense||Marauder (MRD)|
|Skull Sunder||4||Attack that generates enmity||Marauder (MRD)|
|Fracture||6||Damage over time (DOT)||Marauder (MRD)|
|Protect||8||Increases physical and magical defense||Conjurer (CNJ)|
|Bloodbath||8||Converts damage dealt to HP||Marauder (MRD)|
|Raise||12||Ressurect target||Conjurer (CNJ)|
|Mercy Stroke||26||Attack that can only be executed when enemy is below 20% HP. Up to 20% life steal.||Marauder (MRD)|
|Stoneskin||34||Shield that absorbs damage||Conjurer (CNJ)|
Paladin (PLD) Cross-class skills discussion
Skull Sunder and Raise are useless in 8-man raids. Raise has it’s uses in 4 person dungeons, though.
Protect – can be used if you somehow do not have any WHM’s. Why? The Conjurer Protect gives magic resist (Proshell)
Cure – an enmity generator during fight “downtimes”. Stoneskin does this alot better, though.
Foresight – As basic as this is, +20% defense is nothing to scoff at. Take it.
Stoneskin – This is pretty good. During phases where nothing happens in fights, this is the best skill to use. Hands down.
Bloodbath, Mercy Stroke – While not stellar, these two are the only ones which marginally have a place in your skillbar. Bloodbaths heal gives enmity (effectively +10%), and Mercy Stroke isn’t so bad.
Ideal Paladin (PLD) Cross-class progression
- Gladiator to 15 for: Unlocking other classes.
- Marauder to 6 for: Fracture, Foresight
- Gladiator to 30 for: PLD Requirement.
- Conjurer to 15 for: PLD Requirement.
- Paladin to 50 for: Maximum level.
- Marauder to 26 for: Mercy Stroke
- Conjurer to 34 for: Stoneskin (All Cross-class skills obtained)
- Paladin use skills from: Conjurer and Marauder.
- Stoneskin is useful for “downtime” during fights.
- While not “super exciting”, you get lots of use from Fracture & Foresight.
- Best Paladin Cross-class skills:
Foresight, Stoneskin, Bloodbath, Fracture, Mercy Stroke.
More Info: Gladiator | Paladin | GLD PLD Stats