Mining Level 50 to 60 (Heavensward Miner leveling)
So you’ve finally stepped into Ishgard as a Miner, ey? Well, luckily that the level 50 to 60 content is a lot better compared to 1 to 50. Leveling up seems a lot more dynamic, and there’s a little more to do (Collectibles & Scrips). Also, the materials seem to be more useful, whatever you decide to gather. Anyways, lets get to it! The guide begins with a chunky amount of basic information which I suggest you read, then proceeds to the nitty gritty of leveling your miner.
Quick Navigation – Miner level: [Pre 50] [50 to 54] [55 to 60]
Quick Mining Collectible & Rotation reference
|1||Yellow Copper Ore||284||Coerthas Western Highlands ~(31, 22)||12 ET||Slot 2|
|2||Yellow Quartz||400||The Churning Mists ~(35, 21)||2 ET||Slot 4||Same node as Green Quartz.|
|2||Pyrite||360||Dravinian Forelands ~(27, 17)||10 ET||Slot 3||Same node as Chalcocite, Limonite|
|3||Limonite||400||Dravinian Forelands ~(27, 17)||10 ET||Slot 4||Same node as Pyrite, Chalcocite|
|3||Green Quartz||400||The Churning Mists ~(35, 21)||2 ET||Slot 6||Same node as Yellow Quartz.|
|3||Chalcocite||400||Dravinian Forelands ~(27, 17)||10 ET||Slot 2||Same node as Pyrite, Limonite|
|4||Light Kidney Ore||450||Dravanian Hinterlands (lower right)||2 ET||Slot 3||(Scrip) Same node as Cuprite|
|4||Abalathian Rock Salt||450||Sea of Clouds (7,8)||12 ET||Slot 1||(Scrip) Same node as Red Quartz|
|4||Fossilized Dragon Bone||450?||Churning Mists, Landlord Colony||ANY||Random||Always up but RARE.|
|5||Red Quartz||450||Sea of Clouds (7,8)||12 ET||Slot 6||(Scrip) Same node as A. Rock Salt|
|5||Tektite||450?||Churning Mists, Landlord Colony||ANY||Random||Always up but RARE.|
|6||Cuprite||450||Dravanian Hinterlands (lower right)||2 ET||Slot 2||(Scrip) Same node as L. Kidney Ore|
Mining Collectible Rotations (Scrub tier 600 GP)
- 4 Yellow Copper Ore per node: Toil of the Pioneer > (Discerning Eye + Methodical Appraisal), Methodical Appraisal. Collect x4.
- Three collect: Toil of the Pioneer > (Discerning Eye + Methodical Appraisal), Methodical Appraisal x2. Collect x3
- Two collect: Reveal hit > (Discerning Eye + Methodical Appraisal x3) Collect x2
- Tryhard: Reveal hit (Discerning Eye + Methodical Appraisal x2), (Utmost Caution + Methodical Appraisal x2), Collect x1
- (See: Gathering Collectability rotations)
Before you begin your journey to 60 Miner…
Here’s a small checklist of things you should do before heading out to Ishgard.
- Visit Adelberta in the Miners Guild (Ul’dah), you’ll be directed to your new ‘GM’ in Ishgard.
- Class quests are now every 2 levels! Be sure to check often. (53, 55, etc)
- VERY IMPORTANT: Unlock Gathering Scrips & Collectables.
- The quest is called Inscrutable Tastes, found in Ishgard (Just slightly north from the Ishgard Aetheryte plaza!)
- Semi important: Unlock the 50+ Mining Levequests in Ishgard.
- Help! I can’t unlock these quests!? Do the Ishgardian side-quest: Taking in the Sights.
Get to Miner level 51: You can’t see the new mining nodes before then.
Do whatever it is you’ve been doing to get to 50. Levequests in MD, GC Submits, or straight up grinding with your new Commercial Survival Manual. You can access a new mining node in Coerthas Western Highlands, but the loot you get is somewhat useless (It does have a high material level, so if your gear is up to snuff you can grind on these). Hell, you can even do the Mining Levequests in Ishgard!
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MINE IN AN AREA YOU CANNOT FLY IN. You’ve been warned.
While I admire you miners out there that want to rush mining only, trying to mine without a flying mount attuned to the map is absolutely crazy. Luckily THERE IS A NEW SYSTEM TO HELP YOU LEVEL UP YOUR MINER…
Got to Miner 50~? Welcome to the world of Scrips and Collectibles!
So lemme give you a short tutorial on the basics of collectibles and scrips. In non-60 terms, there are unspoiled nodes out there in the world which, when GATHERED AS A COLLECTIBLE, gives you a unique, unsellable item whose only use it to be handed in to an NPC in Mor Dhona for EXP and scrips! Let me put it in simpler terms: Your miner can get hundreds and thousands of EXP per unspoiled collectible mining node. So how does this work? A basic mining collectible guide:
- You will get 2 new skills at 50: Collectors Glove and Methodical Appraisal.
- Upon approaching a ‘collectible’ node (or any node) you can press Collectors Glove to see if there are any.
- Yes? Ok now click it to mine it… WHOA! Mind blown! Mining mini-game! Hows does it work!?
- Increase an items collectability by any Appraisal skill (In your newbie case, Methodical Appraisal)
- Whoa! “Wear” went up by 10! Yeah, don’t let it pass the maximum.
- Once you reached a collectability you desire, press on collect to mine them.
Perception increases collectability. Each appraisal and collect reduces node HP. Sometimes, MORE pieces for submission beats HIGHER QUALITY pieces – at least DURING the leveling process. You can see in the picture above: I can easily get the ‘tier 2 appraisal’ by using 3 appraisal skills, but if I only appraise twice but gather an extra time, that’s around 180k EXP versus 130k~. (See more:
Scrips & Collectibles guide).
Do not bother with collectibles if you have less than 600 GP. Use food if you have to.
Back in the day, leveling miner, it was all about the levequests. Now – it’s all about this.
MINING FORMAT FOR NEXT UPDATE FOLLOWS:
Mining 50 to 51 quick notes:
- Is it nearly 12 ET? Go to Coerthas Western Highlands and get your Yellow Copper. If not, then…
- Try out the Mining levequests in Ishgard. If not, then…
- Try out the Mining temple levequests in Ishgard. If not, then…
- Submit your GC daily. If done, then…
- Leves in Mor Dhona? Grind any material? If not, then…
- Repeat cycle until 51.
Mining Level 50 – 52
Mining collectibles unlocked:
(50): Yellow Copper Ore | Coerthas Western Highlands ~ (X Y) | 12:00 Eorzea time
Mining Next (53) Quest Item: You can pre-emptively farm 10 HQ Mythrite Ore in Coerthas West.
Mining temple levequests: are just beefier version of the regular ones. So any notes for miner leves apply to these too. On a general thought, Temple leves are very time efficient, but levequest allowance inefficient. They cost 10x the amount, but award maybe 4x? Not that ideal for leveling your miner, but ideal for slicing through a massive excess of leves.
What I did in this tier: I tunneled hard on Yellow Copper Ore. You can do the same if you’re leveling botany to ‘double up’ on EXP (2ET Dravanian Forelands, Old World Fig). If you wanna grind, which I did in between unspoiled nodes – grind the living hell out of Mythrite Sand. Your quest item, Mythrite Ore is also legit, and luckily all of these nodes can be found in CWH!!! Use leves if you want to, but I didn’t need ’em. These unspoiled EXP nodes are real.
The (50) Mining Levequests you want is: The Merits of Upcycling > Taken for Granite
50 Temp(L)e: Breaking Beacons > The Basics of Forgery
The (52) Mining Levequest you want is: Permit for Destruction of Religious Property (There’s only one Evaluation Leve afaik)
52 Templ(L)e: Rose Never Lets Go (There’s only one Evaluation Leve afaik)
LEVEL 52 QUICK GEAR CHECK:
Are you still using Mammon? Do yourself a favor and buy yourself a Mythrite Pickaxe. The NQ version can be NPC bought at Dravinian Forelands (32,23), and is slightly worse than the Mammon Supra. If you can craft or buy an HQ version: It ALMOST puts the damn Mammon Lucis to shame. Meld it a little? GG old world items.
LEVEL 53 !!!DO YOUR DAMN MINING QUEST!!!
Ok, I know of some OC people who want to evade doing quests or have something against using NQ items, or would like to leave at a 99 stack of items – but each millisecond you don’t do your 53 miner quest is value lost. Why? I’m happy you asked!
- NQ (No quality) Wyvernskin Jerkin completely obliterates a fully melded Foragers Vest.
- Mythrite Sledgehammer (NQ, yes… NQ) makes your 10 million gil Foragers Sledgehammer look like garbage.
Should I buy HQ 53 gear? It really depends on your needs. Personally I did not have that much of a problem. As long as you have 600 GP and some brain cells, you’re OK. If you’re poor save the money for the 55 set (which I’ll be talking about later). If you’re rich: ‘cha-ching’.
Mining Level 52 – 54
Please check the level 53 note above. It’s useful. Tunnel onward at your own loss.
Mining collectibles unlocked:
(52): Yellow Quartz |The Churning Mists ~ (X Y) | 12:00 Eorzea time
(52): Pyrite | Dravinian Forelands ~ (27, 17) | 10:00 Eorzea time
Mining Next (53) Quest Item: 10 HQ Mythrite Ore in Coerthas West.
Mining Next (55) Quest Item: You can pre-emptively farm 10(?) HQ Titanium Ore in Dravanian Forelands, Chocobo Forest area.
What I did during this tier: Depending on your gear the 400 or 450 nodes will be difficult. If you’re trying to mine a new one use “The Tryhard“: Reveal hit (Discerning Eye + Methodical Appraisal x2), (Utmost Caution + Methodical Appraisal x2), Collect x1. (See Gathering Scrip Farming & Rotation, for clarity). I mean, I can’t possibly know your gear level and other specifics, so it’s best to go tryhard then adjust downwards if needed.
If grinding: Mythrite sand and ore are OK still. But now that your gear is better, I highly suggest grinding on good ol’ Titanium Ore. If you’re a crafter, you’ll be needing quite a bit of these. It also happens to be your next quest item, so amassing these is going to happen anyway! If you’re wondering what gem to mine if Titanium doesn’t show up, Star Sapphire is generally more valuable than Star Ruby – as it’s used in more recipes. But I’m assuming both are dirt cheap since most people want the titanium, and are forced to farm something else. As a note, when you’re max level and farming this node – go for the Fire Shard.
The (52) Mining Levequest you want is: Permit for Destruction of Religious Property (Only one Evaluation Leve AFAIK)
(52) Templ(L)e: Rose Never Lets Go (Only one Evaluation Leve AFAIK)
The (54) Mining Levequest you want is: Talk about Boundaries > From Creepers to Squatters
(54) Temp(L)e: HIstory Needs Some Revisions > All Of These Bases Belong to Us
Mining Level 55+: The turning point.
OK! So I’m putting a special note here. At this point, and at 56, the game literally changes. A lot of choices can be made for efficiency, speed, and maximum value while leveling. I will be putting another page to this guide very soon (Since this one is getting pretty long). Please look forward to it.
I’m putting a ‘next page’ here due to some serious page load-time warnings. Go to the MIN 54+!