Click on our
Caster DPS Role Actions Guide
for the updated version!
What are the Thaumaturge -> Black Mage Cross Class Skills? Here, we will be strictly discussing the cross-class skills Black Mage can get.
How many cross-class skills can I get as a Black Mage? Any job class may only equip five (5) cross-class skills.
From what other classes does Black Mage get skills from? Arcanist and Archer.
What are the best Black Mage cross-class skills? This is discussed below.
Full list of Black Mage (BLM) Cross-class skills
|Ruin||1||Unaspected damage nuke.||Arcanist (ACN)|
|Physick||4||Restores target's HP||Arcanist (ACN)|
|Raging Strikes||4||Increases damage dealt||Archer (ARC)|
|Virus||12||Reduces target's STR, DEX||Arcanist (ACN)|
|Hawk's Eye||26||Increases DEX and physical accuracy||Archer (ARC)|
|Eye for an Eye||34||Erects a barrier on a party member that when struck the striker will deal less damage||Arcanist (ACN)|
|Quelling Strikes||34||Reduces enmity generated by each attack||Archer (ARC)|
Black Mage (BLM) Cross-class skills discussion
Well, you got some slim pickings here.
Ruin and Hawks Eye are useless to you. There’s no debating this.
Physick is arguably your best cross class skill. Infinite cures with Umbral Ice is never bad in a bind.
Virus is a welcome debuff. Reducing damage, parry and block strength (and chance). Admittedly, this one isn’t used very often even by ACN’s SCH’s and SMN’s… I wonder why.
Eye for an Eye – Deceptively useful. The availability of this skill amongst many classes rewards an organized group by taking turns putting this buff on the tank.
Quelling Strikes – Ah, the best one you can get. If you like opening with Thunder -> Fire, you’re going to need this to offset the threat.
Raging Strikes – An obvious choice. Only use it when you’re in your Fire phase.
Well, since you can get seven, and 2 are garbage, I guess the choice is obvious…
Ideal Black Mage (BLM) Cross-class progression
- Thaumaturge to 15 for: Unlocking other classes.
- Arcanist to 4 for: Physick.
- Archer to 4 for: Raging Strikes.
- Thaumaturge to 30 for: BLM Requirement.
- Archer to 15 for: BLM Requirement (Raging Strikes).
- Black Mage to 50 for: Maximum level.
- Archer to to 34 for: Quelling Strikes.
- Arcanist to 34 for: Eye for an Eye (All Cross-class skills obtained)
Getting Physick (Arcanist 4) is really really really (really) worth it, and is probably your most important cross-class skill aside from Quelling Strikes.
- Black Mages use skills from: Archer and Arcanist.
- Physick. Get this. Use it. Profit. Combine it with Swiftcast if you like!?
- Eye for an Eye is a decent raid helping skill. Also, get used to timing Quelling Strikes.
- Best Black Mage Cross-Class skills:
Physick, Raging Strikes, Quelling Strikes, Virus, Eye for an Eye.
More Info: Thaumaturge | Black Mage | THM BLM Stats