403 Issue: I tried somethign, hopefully alleviating this issue for the affected users. Please let me know if it helped! - Mahiko "Hopeful" San
SALTING AND SOUFFLE-ING IN SHB?
SHADOWBRINGERS CULINARIAN LEVELING TO 80!
So you’re gonna Ramsey it up and be a Culinarian, ey? Get your inventory space ready!
Before you begin…
Where is the Culinarian Guild? How to become a Culinarian? You can become a Culinarian by visiting the Culinarians’ Guild in Limsa. If you have at least L10 in any combat class – you’re good to start cookin’!
Updating your Cooking Gear is quite important if you’re going to be crafting your own leve items. We have a Crafting Gear Guide to help you out on that.
Culinarian Class Quest Item Reference:
CUL 01: Maple Syrup
CUL 05: Grilled Trout
CUL 10: 2x Grilled Dodo
CUL 15: Meat Miq’abob
CUL 20: Dried Plums
CUL 25: Aldgoat Steak
CUL 30: (HQ) Smoked Raptor
CUL 35: (HQ) Ratatouille
CUL 40: (All HQ) Blood Currant Tart, Pastry Fish, Chamomile Tea
CUL 45: (HQ) Dzemael Gratin
CUL 50: (All HQ) Eft Steak, Beef Stew, Trapper’s Quiche, Crowned Pie
Just use the above as a quick reference if completing multiple Culinarian class quests at once.
Levequest Items Discussion?
For Culinarian: Repeatable Leves are extremely worth it! (Save inventory space)
Every tier has 3 kinds of Leves:
- Single Submit Leves: Levemete & submission are just a short walk from each other.
- [C]ourier Leves: Levemete is from the [H]ometown, to be submitted to the [L]ocal Levemete.
- [RC] or Reverse Courier Leves are from the [L]ocal, submitted to [H]ometown.
- [R]epeatable Leves.
- Single and Repeatable Leves (1 each) are from the [H]ometown, and [L]ocal levemete.
- [C]ourier leves will always give the Highest EXP per craft, but require a lot of time and travel costs.
- Repeatable leves will always give the Highest EXP per Leve. If you value your leves a lot or don’t have many left, these are good. But, they are MORE expensive. We will recommend the best  and  levequest(s) for every tier. Note that this depends on server prices and might not apply to you (Unlikely). We will comment on every tiers [C] levequest but will likely never recommend it. Use [C] levequests at your own discretion!
- A Precursor item means it requires a fully crafted item AS A MATERIAL.
Culinarian Level 1-15: The early levels
We DO NOT advise using Leves for these low levels. If you really feel like using leves for these tiers:
CUL 1 Leve Recommendation: [H] – Grilled Trout
CUL 5 Leve Recommendation: [H] – Jack-o’-lantern
CUL 10 Leve Recommendation: [H] – Grilled Carp
You can get to CUL 15 in less than an hour if you buy a Company-issued Engineering Scroll. The GC Scrolls can be bought from your GC’s supplier NPC. Culinarian is a bit different. While you “can” complete your early crafting log for fast EXP, we suggest stocking up on important “Ingots” you will need in the future:
Buy the following items:
- 32x Rocksalt
- 32x Distilled Water
- 16x Mineral Water
- 33x Rye
- 99x Beehive Chip
- 49x Maple Sap
- 132x Sunset Wheat
- 38x Buffalo Milk
The above Items can be found in the CUL Guild Supplier.
Then Craft these in order (+GC Scroll):
- 32x Table Salt (Yields almost 2 stacks of Table Salt)
- 49x Maple Syrup (You’ll be using some for the next step…)
- 45x Maple Sugar (Made from 15 of the Maple Syrups.. Yields one stack)
- 33x Rye Flour (Yields 1 stack Rye Flour)
- 33x Honey (Yields one stack of Honey)
- 19x Smooth Butter (Yields almost a stack of Smooth Butter)
- 33x Sunset Wheat Flour (Yields one stack of Sunset Wheat Flour)
- 16x Pie Dough (Yields nearly one stack of Pie Dough)
It’s up to you on how you want to do this: Quick Synthesis loses a lot of EXP, so you wanna manually craft maybe 5-15 of each item then Quick Synth the rest. The reason for this is to make use of these low level crafts to gain EXP while they’re still relevant. You’ll be using any number of these for as long as you’ll be cooking. Yes, you can buy a few of these from other NPC’s, but might as well maximize the exp now.
With Pie Dough, You might want to craft all of it manually.
While completing the Crafting Log might be “better” in terms of leveling, this is a low-impact, AFK friendly (and inventory space friendly) way. Again, you’ll be using all this stuff anyway.
After completing the shopping list above, activate your scroll and be 15++ quick!
Join our IRL Cross-World Linkshells (socials lol):
- Instagram (@ffxivguild) - We just rezzed our Insta, check in for more coming soon!
- Twitter (@FFXIVguild) - Finally un-boomering myself because our Twitter is back.
- Facebook (/FFXIVguild) - Like us on our OG social.
Contact us about anything and everything. Don't be shy! Love our guides and want to let us know? Got questions or corrections? Suggestions for improvement? TALK TO US! How, you say?
Comment below if it's about this guide. Message us on any of our socials above about anything. We're organizing our email situation if you're into that.