Upgrading your Novus to Nexus
“Light farming for Nexus is great!” – No one, ever.
This page details the process to upgrade your currently owned Novus Relic to a Nexus Relic. (IE: Thyrus Novus to Thyrus Nexus) Lost? You might be looking for the previous step Novus, or the next step Zodiac.
This step requires that you amass 2000 lights by doing various activities. But you knew that already, didn’t you? Luckily, unlike farming Alex
Light Farming Tips:
This Light Farming: Bonus Windows link is something you should look at all the time. If you can, please contribute to it, too. It’s basically a user-submitted “tracker” on what duty gives what light bonus. The bonus is the same for every server, so this info is relevant across the board. Some people also use this Light Tracking APP, but I don’t really find it useful. Like always, be safe when using 3rd party programs yada-yada. So here are the basic tiers and bonuses you need to knwo for nexus:
Great duties for lights:
- Garuda HM/EX: Best damn lightsource of all time. Fast, brainless, easy illumination.
- BCoB Turn 4: Great drops for desynth/MB.
- HM Primals (except Titan)
- Cape Westwind: FAST and braindead – considered the baseline for lights.
- Fates: Aside from maps, only way DPS can gain lights while on queue
Duties to avoid for lights:
- Thornmarch EX: Instakill mechanics and very prone to PUG error.
- Titan HM: Sheer length of duty.
- Levi EX: Length and instakill mechanics.
- Ifrit EX: Can be wipey if you get a bad group.
- Coil turns that heavily punish mistakes. (5,7,8,9, 10+)
The general idea is, people who farm for lights have degenerated into a pseudo zombielike state. Some encounters punish this more than others. Any encounter that has insta-kill or a raid-kill penalty might not be the best in terms of “overall” lights/time ratio.
Remember, doing anything on bonus is likely to be better than spamming something which isn’t on bonus. Just keep in mind, “Mo’ Wipe, Less Light”.
Residual activities for lights:
- Duty Roulette always gives decent amount of light
- Treasure maps… if you’re doing DR anyway, get your map quest. Alex is always good.
- Current coil turns: If you’re overgeared, just use your Novus to get BIG lights.
“Have fun” farming lights for your Nexus! This step really isn’t that bad as it sounds. . Any tips or info to share? feel free to comment below! As always, Like us on Facebook for great FFXIV updates! If you wanna comment on this step put ((NEXUS)) before your comments!