***PAGE 2 IS PURELY FOR 2.2 CONTENT, and will probably contain dOUTDATED info, only use this if you’re new and gearing up for Turn 6-10 onwards***
Gearing to be a concrete, Paladin eh? Wondering what PLD gear is like in 2.2, huh? Here you go!
- Priority 1: Reach the required Accuracy Cap (512~515)
- Priority 2: Get the highest vitality/armor possible (left side iLevel)
- Priority 3: Most amount of Parry possible.
Understandably, mixing and matching gear to fit your accuracy cap whenever you get a new piece is the life of tanks. So make sure you have a good stock of gear to rotate, and these two pieces of food to make your life easier:
- Oh, I’m at or very near accuracy cap: HQ Finger Sandwhich.
- Oh, Accuracy is far behind… : HQ Lava Toad Legs / HQ Stuffed Cabbage
The below table represents three different COMPLETE sets of gear.
|PLD||BEST||Notable Filler Gear||Notable Accuracy Gear|
|Weapon||High Allagan Blade||Burtgang||Curtana Animus /
|Off-hand||High Allagan Kite Shield||Noct Hoplon / Any||Allagan Round Shield / Any|
|Head||High Allagan Circlet of Fending||Allagan Helm||Valor Coronet /
Heavy Wolfram Helm
|Body||Noct Lorita||Heavy Allagan Armor||-|
|Hand||High Allagan Gauntlets of Fending||-||Heavy Allagan Gauntlets /
|Waist||High Allagan Belt of Fending||Allagan Plate Belt||Heavy Wolfram Plate Belt|
|Legs||Noct Breeches||Valor Cuisses||High Allagan Trousers of Fending !!|
|Boots||High Allagan Sabatons of Fending||Heavy Wolfram||Valor Sollerets|
|Neck||Noct Choker||Ribbon of Fending||x High Allagan Choker of Fending|
|Ears||Noct Earrings||x High Allagan Earrings of Fending||Allagan Earrings of Fending|
|Wrist||High Allagan Bracelets of Fending||Allagan Bracelets of Fending||Noct
(But "waste" of sol)
|Ring||High Allagan Ring of Fending||-||Heroes Ring of Fending|
|Food||Finger Sandwhich HQ||Lava Toad Legs|
|ACC/PRY||517 / 563||-|
ANY END-GAME PALADIN WEAPON can be used for set 1!
The second and third columns are viable gear choices and notable filler gears on your road to BiS. In the end, though, it’s mostly based off how lucky your coil drops are. As long as you follow the golden rules it’s not much to stress over. You can craft nearly countless sets of “BiS” worthy (Can clear t9) gear within the golden rule parameters.
Interchangeable Gear? Bad luck with Coil Drops? Check out the PLD Gear Notes.
Tank Soldiery buying is a little tricky. “What do PLD’s purchase first with my tomes of Sol?” here…
- Noct Lorita (High Allagan is T9, and it sucks)
- Noct Breeches
- Noct Ring
- Noct Choker
- Noct Earrings
- Noct Hoplon is a very flexible shield to own.
- Noct Gloves (can be used to switch around)
- Noct Plate Belt (can be used to switch around)
For Paladins the above are the most useful to own, AFTER THE ABOVE, the rest is purely optional.
- Burtgang Tokens (1300 sol) – Might as well, at this point.
- Noct Wristlets
- Noct Greaves (purely filler, go for wolfram)
- Noct Circlet is garbage, but if you got nothing else to buy…
Owning as much Pally Gear as you can means you can mix and match with ease.
Certain pieces of gear are really valuable, since they contain both parry and accuracy, and are likely candidates to be PERMANENT gear (not to be switched around if accuracy drops due to a new upgrade)
- Noct Lorita
- High Allagan Sabatons of Fending
- Noct Hoplon (While shield is 115, this piece is never bad to have in any Paladins Arsenal)
- High Allagan Bracelets of Fending
- Noct Ring
- Allagan Choker of Fending (i90) isn’t bad, but couldn’t be listed above due to space.
Theres a ton of excellent filler gear to choose from… (Check column 2/3 for ideas) Examples:
- Allagan Helm (Turn 5) is great until you get High Allagan. Save your sol and DO NOT buy the Noct Circlet….
- Hero’s Ring of Fending (Myth Gear) is great as a sub in the meantime since the other ring is a T9 drop.
PLD Interchangerable Gear? Instead of using Noct Bracelets + Noct Earrings, High Allagan Bracelets + Earrings basically serve the same purpose, and still be “BiS”.
Bad luck with Coil Drops?
Looking at column 2 and 3, theres a wealth of sub gear to choose from…
- Head? T5 Helm, Melded Wolfram or Valor!
- Shield? Noct Hoplon > Allagan Round Shield or ANY!
- Hands? i90 Allagan is great!
- Belt? Save Sol and go for i90 or better yet a Melded Wolfram!
- Boots? Melded Wolfram or Valor!
- Bracelets? i90 allagan works well!
- Ring? Heros Ring of Fending (Myth) will last till turn 9!
There is simply no lack of viable gear for PLD in 2.2!!!
2.2 Paladin Crafted (Heavy Wolfram) Viability?
My rule for the Heavy Wolfram Set in regards to Paladins: If it has no Parry OR Accuracy, don’t bother.
Heavy Wolfram Helm is legit (if you’re lazy to farm T5 for Allagan Helm)
Cheap effective melds: Acc IV, Parry IV, Acc III, Acc II, Acc I
Heavy Wolfram Belt is mostly luxury, but…
Cheap effective melds: ACC IV, ACC III, ACC II, Parry II, Parry I
Heavy Wolfram Sabatons again is a luxury but…
Cheap effective melds: ACC IV, ACC IV, ACC II
The rest of the Heavy Wolfram pieces are pretty DPS centric and would be difficult to meld to make worthwhile for a Paladins use.
IF YOU’RE GOING FOR EXPENSIVE MELDS: then having SLIGHTLY increased DPS is the reward, in exchange of a MASSIVE gil reduction. It’s probably not that worth it for Paladins.
Good luck gearing up your Paladin! This page be updated as more gear will be introduced into the game. Want to add something? Violent Reactions? Comment Below! For updates, Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter – also check us out on YouTube and Twitch.