[Date & Time]
Oct. 14, 2013 from 8:00 p.m. to Oct. 15, 2013 2:00 a.m. (PDT)
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
The following features have been implemented:
- World Transfers (7 days FREE from the 15th – 21st of October)
- Finally!!! A long wait on this one, and a lot of people will rejoice at this.
- All Saint’s Wake “Halloween” event
- Halloween Seasonal event for FFXIV.
- Cactaur and Bomb Earring Vendors Added
- From the IRL events, if your server won – you get a cute earring!
2.05 also contains a bunch of hotfixes and bug fixes, and quality of life issues, here’s what we know so far:
- More ways to get Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy & Mythology.
- Wow, this is great. No more grinding AK, a bit of variety is always good! Naturally our guide will be updated once we get to see what’s up.
- Level 50 Dungeons difficulty adjusted.
- Presumably more difficult, and some mention of rewards for killing trash.. ?
- adding more servers and enhancements to counter the congestion to enter “Amdapor Keep.”
- Hopefully the above fixes all contribute to this!
- Increased experience from farming Botany Nodes and Mining Nodes. and their respective Fieldcraft Levequests.
- Thank god. This mindless grind was in need of change. Fishing remains the same, people have mixed responses about that…
- Diremite and Karakul spawn and drop rates adjusted up.
- Newer weavers rejoice!
- Anti-FATE lagging measures (population caps, rendering issues) being “addressed”
- Dunno how effective this will be, but a welcome addition! This was implemented on Oct. 11, though.
All in all, patch 2.05 fixes alot of issues for us players, and hopefully makes Eorzea a little funner for all of us. The changes to end-game tome farming were much needed. Grinding AK for mythology became boring FAST, hopefully they come up with some creative ways to bring variety into it. I have to say, I’m quite excited for this one!
They also released a teaser for PvP today:
Check it out! The FFXIVGuild team is extremely excited for PvP and hopefully you are too!
Reference, Links, Additional Info